Tuesday, 21 May 2013

FMP samples

For my final part of the project I have decided to develop from my selection of samples even further onto my long length of fabric;



I really like the different colours that I used, they go well together, I will use these Autumn palette colours  onto my final design.



I took inspiration from a pattern maker and designer's work called Kathy, this is two of her creations (http://aucklandmodernquiltguild.co.nz/2012/05/introducing-4/); 

I really liked the colour of the tree, it is as if it is glowing. Kathy created this by embellishing, I wanted to see if I could create a similar effect by using Batik (wax) and this was successful. To keep with the embellishing theme, I then embellished the leaves on top. So on my final design I hope to make many of these trees with embellished leaves all over my fabric. 

I liked how Kathy used layering in this piece of work. I will layer my trees in my final design. 


I took pictures of trees and then processed them onto screen print. I layered the prints with very warm red/pink colours. I will do many of these prints all over my fabric. 






No comments:

Post a Comment